• Local news

    Two Nigerians sentenced to death after murdering their Ghanaian boss Richard Kwakye and his daughter

    Two Nigerian nationals have been sentenced to death by a court over the murder of their Ghanaian boss and his daughter.

    An Ondo State High Court sitting in Akure, the Ondo state capital, sentenced the two, who were both security guards, to death by hanging.

    Nigerian media reports Ayuba Idris and Tasur Abubakar murdered Richard Kwakye in 2019, when he was 71 years old. They also killed his daughter Tope Kwakye.

    The uo worked as security guards at Ojomo Akintan Estate, Olu FoaM Ilesha/Owo expressway Akure, Ondo State, while the deceased was a driver to a 92-year-old industrialist, in the state, High Chief Ojomo Akintan.

    High Chief Akintan, gave out one of the flats in the Estate to Kwakye as a gift for his stewardship and forthrightness.

    He then employed the two as security guards to work at his new house, now knowing that decision would eventually lead to his death.

    According to prosecutors, the duo murdered Kwakye and his daughter on May 1st 2019 and then robbed his building and fled.

    Following their arrest in July 2019, the duo confessed to the murder, claiming it was due to the influence of drugs.

    “We were just happy that night and we took tramadol and Indian hemp with hot drinks.

    “We used motorcycle cable to strangle the father and daughter. We took tramadol and Indian hemp that night at about 8 pm and we invited the daughter to come and see who was at the gate,” Abubakar confessed.

    “ When she came down we used motorcycle cable to strangle her. She shouted and this attracted her father who came running to the scene. We then descended on the father who fell inside the gutter.

    “The father was shouting and fell down in the process while calling for help and Ayuba also used his shirt to strangulate him.

    “After we made sure that they were both dead, we then hid their corpses under the staircase in the estate.” he added.

    Following their crime, they divided up their loot and fled to different states but were arrested by security operatives about two months later.

    Abubakar had served the deceased for two years while Taisu joined the deceased five months prior to them committing the crime.

    Source: GhanaCelebrities.Com

    Leave A Comment